The best science news across the web this week:
- I posted 5 bizarre facts about change blindness, a peculiar quirk of the human brain that causes “obvious” changes to become invisible.
- A drug that regrows sensory ear hairs shows promise as a cure for hearing loss.
- The FDA approved a pill to prevent HIV infections.
- A giant squid was filmed in its natural habitat for the first time ever.
- We now have the technology to edit the genome of living cells with high precision.
- Japanese researchers modified T-cells to attack skin cancer and HIV.
- More scientists using GMO bacteria to transform CO2 and sunlight back into fuel.
- As if graphene weren’t miraculous enough, it also soaks up radioactive waste.
- 2012 was the warmest year in the US on record.
- Just another 262 potentially habitable planets discovered.
- Bonobos love to share, but they like sharing with strangers even more than friends.
Featured Science Book:
The Universe Within: Discovering the Common History of Rocks, Planets, and People