- I talked about where the light goes when you shut it off, and the role the bizarre world of quantum mechanics plays in the answer.
- The mass of the Higgs Boson we discovered (if it is the Higgs Boson) suggests the possibility that, at some point, our universe will go through a phase change, the laws of physics will change, and . However, it’s important to understand that this possibility is still very speculative. We need a more accurate measurement of a different particle, the top quark, to know for sure.
- At UCLA, scientists discover a , and many other hazardous viruses.
- Scientists create “proto-RNA” that assembles itself, a possible .
- Scientists discover an ancient .
- After studying ancient plaque, scientists conclude that .
- Another example of predictable evolution: .
- This brain scan can .
- Dolphins, the only non-human animal to .
- We discovered while doing construction work on a highway.
- Using nanocapsules, scientists invent a .
Featured Book (from Leonard Susskind!)
The Theoretical Minimum: What You Need to Know to Start Doing Physics