- I wrote an introduction to relativity for kids, and I’ll be continuing this over the next several weeks. If you’re an adult, there’s still no shame in reading it.
- After gathering additional evidence, scientists have even more reason to believe that . However, we still can’t be sure if it’s the Higgs from the Standard Model of physics, or if it’s different.
- . Cockatoos can do it too.
- . Apparently, it is not just a modern problem.
- Remember the baby who was cured of HIV using normal HIV drugs? (out of 70). Treat it early enough and it can be prevented.
- This has a cooling power equivalent to a single window A/C capable of cooling the entire Lincoln Memorial. It works by causing hot electrons to quantum tunnel out of normal metal into a superconductor.
- Scientists discover that a natural peptide and neurotransmitter called . (Hypocretin is also known as orexin.)
- Scientists delete a single gene in mice, . On a related note, mice with as many as 200 tumors in their lungs are apparently .
- Strong evidence that .
- A rudimentary performs as well as a top notch earphone. This stuff really is a wonder material.
Visions of Infinity: The Great Mathematical Problems